THE CENTENARY CUP PHOTOGRAPHIC COMPETITION 2021
The Photographic Competition for the Centenary Cup in 2021 will include photographs taken by Group members between 1st July 2020 until 30th June 2021 only. Entries taken outside of these dates will not be considered. There are seven competitive classes:
1) A hardy species rhododendron one or more trusses
2) A hardy hybrid rhododendron, one or more trusses
3) A tender species or hybrid rhododendron, grown under glass or otherwise, (including vireyas),one or more trusses
4) A deciduous azalea, species or hybrid, one or more trusses
5) An evergreen azalea, species or hybrid, one or more trusses
6) A camellia species or hybrid, one or more blooms
7) A magnolia species or hybrid, one or more blooms
Photographs should ideally be of trusses or blooms growing on the plant. They should not be cut and staged in a vase, if possible. This will allow us to make better use of them for the website and RCMG publications. By entering this competition, the entrant agrees that the Group may publish their photograph on the website and/or use them for RCMG paper publications. Ideally the photographs should enable identification of the plant by showing good detail.
In all classes, the photographic quality of the entries as well as the quality of the blooms or trusses and the scarcity of the variety will be considered by the judges.
Entrants may send in their photographs by email with the files attached and named. The total of file attachments should not exceed 15Mb.
Photographs entered do not need to be from your garden, any location can be used.
There is no limit to the number of photographs submitted by each entrant.
A panel of judges will look at the photographs for each of the seven classes after the closing date and then the seven class winners will be judged against each other. The panel of judges will remain the same throughout the judging process. The Winner will be notified by email and will, if possible, be presented with the Centenary Cup. If a presentation is not possible due to geographic distance or the constraints of the pandemic, the Cup will be sent to the winner by courier.
Please send entries to: